This position is ideal for an enthusiastic individual looking for a role in which to really make your mark
Our client is a well-established and highly successful engineering company based in Stoke on Trent that operates globally. They have a rare and exciting opportunity within their accounts department for a Project Accountant to join them on a permanent basis.
This position is ideal for an enthusiastic individual looking for a role in which to really make your mark. You will have an inquisitive mind and a desire to know more about how the numbers reflect what is happening on the factory floor.
Reporting to the Management Accountant, under their guidance you’ll be responsible for:
- Preparing and monitoring project budgets from detailed contract quotes
- Preparing weekly/monthly reports on the progress and costs on the projects compared to budgets
- Identifying and investigating any cost overspends
- Identifying areas of work undertaken that were not in the original quote
- Preparing forecasts of the costs to complete the projects.
- Preparing the cash flows and monitoring progress compared to quotes.
- Liaising with Project and Production Managers to agree on staffing levels/work time for each project
- Visiting areas of the shop floor on a regular basis to get updates on projects
Candidate requirements for the Project / Cost Accountant role:
- You will ideally be at least AAT qualified and may be part or fully CIMA qualified (although this is not essential)
- Proactive and methodical with the knowledge/ability to learn the production process
- Ability to translate information into meaningful financial reports to manage cost, profitability, and cash flow
- Detail orientated person who is interested in investigating and analysing trends/costs / budgets
- Excellent Excel skills are essential
- You will ideally have experience in a finance role within a manufacturing/engineering company
Hours: Monday to Friday9.00 am – 5.00 pm or 8.00 am – 4.00 pm
Brampton Recruitment is an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.