This client’s portfolio of products and solutions cover a vast number of sectors and disciplines.
Our client is a specialised business based within the Stoke on Trent area. They have a new opportunity for either a recently qualified engineer or an experienced engineer to join the team to assist in the technical management of existing products and the development of new ideas and solutions. This client’s portfolio of products and solutions covers a vast number of sectors and disciplines. This role will be providing technical support to manufacturing & commercial as well as supporting the quality assurance activities within the company.
Initially assisting the technical team with a view to progressing to a position to coordinate/undertake all technical matters and oversee product development.
- Develop key skills to become a responsible technical lead within the business
- Assist with the development of new/existing products or technologies, identify design and testing regimes
- Identify opportunities for innovation in products or processes
- Undertake failure investigation, analysis, and reporting
- Liaise with customers and suppliers on a professional basis
- Liaise with Universities and Technical Standards bodies on research & development projects
- Prepare Company reports and presentations for internal and external uses
- An Electrical (power) engineering qualification
- Ideally a minimum of 2 years experience in an OHL role
- Technical knowledge and understanding of OHL design principles
- Ability to understand the electrical and mechanical properties of electrical insulators and their application/environment
- Ability to operate 3D CAD, preferably SolidWorks 3D albeit full training will be given
- Understanding of Health and safety in the workplace and risk assessment methodology
- Full and clean Driving Licence
Hours: 37.5 Hours Per Week
Salary £35,000 – £55,000 + Bonus
Brampton Recruitment is an independent Commercial and Accounts and finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.