Air conditioning Engineer required for East and West Midlands area to cover both Commercial and domestic properties
Our client is seeking an experienced Commercial Air Con service and Breakdown Engineer to service and maintain air con appliances within both commercial and domestic properties.
We are seeking an individual who possesses air conditioning/electrical fault finding experience within both commercial and domestic properties. This role will be covering the East and West Midlands.
- Attend service and reactive breakdowns to fault find, diagnose and repair in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Using knowledge and air conditioning fault finding experience to provide high levels first time fix and customer care.
- To carry out the day to day responsive maintenance, service and repairs as instructed
- To carry out servicing and safety checks on all air con systems
- To make immediate decisions as regards the repair requirements should the original job order not reflect the actual works required and to inform the director
- To inform the customer (with reason) when it is not possible to complete a repair within the first visit and make mutually agreed arrangements to return to complete and inform the relevant director
- Ensure that all works and repairs are completed safely and in accordance with current codes and practices.
- Ensure when purchasing materials, a ‘best value and cost effective approach’ is sought
- Carry out site audits, vehicle audits, post work inspections, quotations and engineers meetings
For the Commercial Air Con Service / Breakdown Engineer role, it would be good to see candidates with:
- Recognised air conditioning apprenticeship and Commercial experience: Air conditioning experience within the commercial sector e.g, fault finding, service, repair and maintenance on air condition installations and appliances
- Working knowledge of test equipment including an electrical multi-meter
- Flexible approach: due to travel aspect, this is a mobile position that will involve travelling to multiple sites across the West & East Midlands as well as some wider travel as required.
- Due to customer demands, the ability to work additional hours over and above contracted hours if and when required, where overtime would be payable
- Be part of the emergency call out team on a rota basis
- To promote a positive and professional attitude to all customers and staff.
- Self- motivated and able to work under own initiative as well as within a team.
- Willing to undertake further training/development within the post as required.
- The ability to communicate effectively with tenants and other members of the public
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Basic IT Skills
- Must have had or willing to have both vaccinations
This role will be covering Birmingham, Coventry, Hereford & Worcester,and the Northants areas.
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.