This is a newly created role and offers a clear progression path to advance your career over the next 2-3 years
A fantastic opportunity for an AAT part or fully qualified Assistant Management Accountant to join a thriving manufacturing business based in Newcastle under Lyme. Ideally, you will have some experience within the accounts department of a manufacturing business. This is a newly created role and offers a clear progression path to advance your career over the next 2-3 years. You’ll get the opportunity to determine the scope of the role and will receive training in any areas you require.
Job Description for the Assistant Management Accountant role:
Reporting to the Finance Director, you’ll assist with the preparation of management accounts and financial reporting. Duties will include:
- Assist in the production of monthly/quarterly accounts in compliance with both UK and US accounting standards
- Help ensure tight controls that drive liquidity with specific attention to stock, debtors, and creditors and the production of accurate cash flow forecasts on a week-by-week basis
- Help maintain accurate accounting records and financial systems ensuring that supporting internal controls are appropriate and robust as the business develops
- Take ownership of month-end balance sheet reconciliations and control accounts
- Monthly processing of payroll and other employee payments
- Perform monthly VAT returns for several entities
- Deliver daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial performance reports
- Be involved in regular stock takes, reconciling and explaining any variances, and taking full ownership of stock accuracy and reporting.
For the Assistant Management Accountant, it would be good to see candidates with:
- AAT-qualified or part-qualified
- 2-3 years in a commercial accounts environment with a minimum of 1 year in a manufacturing setting
- Sage 200 experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Hardworking and diligent. Up-to-date knowledge of accounting regulations
Hours: Monday to Thursday 7.45 am – 4.30 pm, Friday 7.45 am – 12.15 pm
Salary: £38,000 – £40,000 per annum
Brampton Recruitment is an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.